You know when you mean well, and buy bananas because they’re healthy and make a good snack substitute for those crisps and chocolates, but then actually you forget that they are in the fridge and after two weeks so super squishy…
Well these are the bananas I’m talking about, and they’re the bananas you should begin to love. These bad boys make for the perfect banana cake, they’re the star of this show, which you can mix and match with all sorts of extra goodies into your recipe.
And to make things even better, my recipe is a one bowl recipe. All you will need is fork, baking tin, and the most basic of ingredients that you’ll hopefully already have in that baking cupboard of yours! Woohoo.
A recipe to learn those overly ripe, browning, squishy nana’s.
Scrumptious Eggless Banana Bread
For those times when your not sure what to do with those overly ripe bananas, turn them into a delicious banana loaf to share with your friends and family.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups or alternative
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk or substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon rum essence
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your fan oven to 180ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, melt your butter in a microwave.
- Once melted, add in your bananas and mash together.
- Then add in your milk, rum essence, and mix well.
- This is then followed by the addition of the sugar, baking soda, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Again, mix well.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix until the mixture has fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf tin.
- Pop in the Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups or whatever your chosen alternative is.
- Place the tin into the oven and bake for one hour. Nearer the time, check with a wooden pick, if it comes out clean, your loaf is ready.
- If the mixture sticks to the pick, bake for an additional five minutes.
- Continue doing this until the pick comes out clean.
- And then of course you don't want to rush this beauty. Let it cool before you try to remove it from the loaf.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Crunch Corner https://crunchcorner.co.uk/
What’s your thoughts on banana cake, and what goodies do you like mixing into your recipe? Would love for you to let me know in the comments below.