Winter is pretty much here, meaning the inevitable illnesses will arrive, very dark nights and lack of motivation to get out of bed in the morning, and no doubt, daydreams of a sunny holiday away.
So this is why baking and blogging is crucial to these cold months by keeping our own spirits high as well as those of our friends. At work recently, we ran a fantastic campaign about cheering up our friends, so this blog post and recipe is an ode to my lovely friend Natalie who’s been ill.
The Peanut butter chai cupcakes are inspired by three of my favourite things in my food world: cupcakes, Reese’s and chai lattes. In a bizarre ensemble of ingredients, created is a divine and fluffy cupcake you won’t be able to resist.
Best of all, it’s simple and easy to adapt or improvise… and you can’t really go wrong.
Recipe: Reese's Peanut Butter & Chai Cupcakes
Egg-free chai and chocolate flavoured cupcake with a squishy centre of Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups.
- 110g self raising flour
- 55g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- 3 tblsp Drink Me Spiced Chai
- 1 tblsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- pinch of salt
- 65g melted butter
- 250ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Grease a cupcake tray or line with cupcake papers. I split my mixture between both methods.
- In a large bowl add in all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Melt your butter and add this into your dry ingredients. Then continue to add in the milk and vanilla essence, stirring well.
- Only half fill your prepared cups or trays, to give you enough space for your filling, which is the Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup. You can adapt your filling and or even opt for a teaspoon of peanut butter if you don’t have any Reese’s.
- Once your filling is in place, spoon on the rest of the mixture to cover the filling. Be careful to not overfill, as your cupcake will rise.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Then allow your cupcake to cool on wire rack.
- Dust off with icing sugar, or why not even try chocolate butter icing for the ultimate cupcake.
Adapted from Shell Out
Crunch Corner https://crunchcorner.co.uk/
Hope you enjoy these and bring a smile to someone’s face.